We provide hosting as part of your monthly contract with the platform you use. We can assist you with domain name hosting and email too. Just get in touch.
- Do I have to host my website with you, or can I host it somewhere else?
- How long will it take to build my website?
We will always be guided by your timeframes but, in general, you should allow 3-4 weeks for total development time from the moment you provide us with your web content. This includes time to:
* Build your website design ensuring you are happy every step of the way.
* Code the design into a working website.
* Add your content, check and test your site thoroughly before going live.
You can speed this process up by having your content (text/images) ready to go before we start.
- How much does a website cost?
Every site is different and the cost of a website varies depending on the complexity and requirements. But a basic brochure or one page website will generally cost from $1995 plus GST whereas a full e-commerce website with a large number of products and a CMS system could cost any where from $3995 plus GST.
If you would like a more detailed estimate, please either call us on 0275 726 737 or get in touch here.
- I hear that there are hidden costs associated with web design services. Is this true?
No. We discuss with you your website requirements and then price accordingly and once you have placed an order for your website with us, that price is strictly adhered to.
- In what format should I supply content and photos for my new website?
It is helpful to us if you are able to provide text and photos in electronic form - for example, the files output by a digital camera (jpg.) and the words in MS word or CSV/Excel format.
When starting a new project, you can courier your files using a USB flash drive or share a dropbox folder with us and this allows us to share large files easily together.
Just like building a house you need materials, the more photos and text you can provide makes building the website easier for us and results in a better looking site for you. Remember content is great for SEO.
If you don't have time to write your own content, we can refer you to a website copywriter.
- Once my website is completed, what after sales service do you offer?
We fully support any website we design and are always available should you encounter any problems or require any enhancements. We can offer website maintenance per project or on a monthly basis so that your website never get outs of date.
- What's your web design process?
Working with WebSmith Design is easy. Here’s our 8 step process:
* We will assess your requirements and provide a detailed quote.
* Ready to proceed? We’ll ask you for a 50% deposit before we begin.
* We will design your website concept and send you a hyperlink so you can watch your website grow at all stages of development.
* Your content is inserted and we check it meticulously for accuracy.
* You get full training on how to manage your site. Limited to product loading, order control and custmer databases.
* It is time for you to review and provide final approval. Your 50% final payment is now due.
* Congratulations! Your site has gone live and you can now start doing business online.
* Finally we’ll review results. Should you require marketing of your site, we can help you with this too. Please call or email us to discuss your requirements.
- Why we ask you to clear your cache before viewing your new site?
Sometimes we make changes frequently. Each time you visit a website your web browser will store certain information about webpages you visit, so that they'll load quickly in the future - it doesn't have to download the same files all over again.
Sometimes this can cause issues where you're making changes to your website on the server, but your browser might not necessarily instantly see that. So you may need to periodically clear your browsers cache to get a 'fresh' copy.
- Will everyone see my website the same?
Your website visitors will see some things differently depending on different browsers, screen resolution settings and individual display settings. We design websites with that in mind and preview them in several browser types and resolution settings before publishing. Obviously as technology alters then eventually all websites may need re-evaluation. It is really important that your website is visible on the ever changing mobile environment. Get in touch today and we can talk you through this.
- Will my website be Search Engine Friendly?
All our websites are created with search engines in mind and the website design is compliant with search engine guidelines however there is extra work required by you and us to really optimise it. This includes detailed meta descriptions, keywords amongst other things. We can go over this with you.